Let their memories live on.
The memorial is currently on tour and could come to your area. Help the memory by hosting the Lima Company Memorial.
Interested in bringing the Eyes of Freedom to your event? Here’s a few things you need to know…
We support 3 types of events: Community Events, Veterans Events & Schools. And we have two versions of the Eyes of Freedom: the full size original oil on linen paintings and also an outdoor slightly smaller display that is set up like the original paintings but they are digital reproductions on aluminum so they can be outdoors in the elements. Our Staff really makes the exhibitions come to life by answering questions and being a live and interactive speaker with the public.
Full-size version (pictured above) includes the following:
- 8 large mural paintings (8.5 ft x 6 ft)
- 1 additional portrait and easel (4 ft x 5 ft)
- Silent Battle – our lifelike bronze sculpture
- 26 pairs combat boots
- 26 candles with candleholders
- 1 HD TV with rolling TV stand
- 1 square table with drop cloth, exhibit info, tribute knife, donation box
- 1 bronze plaque stand
- 1 flag stand and unsigned Marine Corps flag (event flag)
- 1 merchandise table with cover (8 ft)
- 9 aluminum panels with bases (6ft x 4ft)
- 8 pairs combat boots
- 9 candles with candleholders
- 26 purple heart name plaques
- Several service covers/hats
Some examples of events:
Community Events: A great example of a community event is when a woman from Mount Vernon decided her community needed to see the Eyes of Freedom and she made it her mission to make it happen. We displayed right downtown in the local college’s art building. JoAnn Snow organized a huge entrance and motorcycle escort as the truck rolled into town complete with police escort and the public, armed with waving flags. She rallied her town around the event and created a wonderful opening ceremony covered by the local media. She also had newspapers cover the event and brought in busload after busload of students from schools all around the county to listen to Mike talk to small groups and share his story about the personal price of freedom.
Schools: We show in High Schools and Universities. Galion High School in Ohio just exhibited the paintings and busloads of students were brought in for an assembly where Mike (our Combat Veteran who served with the men in the paintings) as well as other local veterans spoke to the students about service and sacrifice and the current conflict. Students helped in service by setting up the display and taking it down and assisting Mike and our team. We also had our beautiful trailer at the High School Football game and Veterans did a ceremony on the field to help students understand that freedom isn’t free.
Veteran’s Events: We are invited by VFW posts or American Legion posts or sometimes other Veteran’s Groups like Denver Veterans Day in Denver, Colorado this year put on by the Colorado Veteran’s Project. This huge event had a 5 & 10 K Run as well as a ceremony and parade and festival all in one day in the beautiful Civic Center Park. The army reserve helped us by setting up a tent for us and many had powerful experiences as Veterans came and paid their respects to their fallen brothers from Lima Company.
As you can see, bringing the Eyes of Freedom to your event is a community effort. If you have a passion for honoring the gift of Military service, we encourage your group to invite the Eyes of Freedom to your event.
Here’s how it works:
- Check out our guidelines (below) to see if your event fits the requirements of the Eyes of Freedom for space and event type.
- Fill out the application below and submit. Your application will be reviewed and if its a good fit and we are in your part of the country, we will make every effort to bring the Memorial to your community.
- If your event is approved, we enter into contract to bring the Eyes of Freedom to your event and your work begins: finding the funding, creating your volunteer team and locating the appropriate venue for our space requirements.
- When your event is scheduled you will be responsible for organizing your community and getting the word out through local media and social media. We can help by providing materials to promote the Eyes of Freedom. You may consider enlisting the help of local veteran’s organizations and contacting schools and local ROTC or the Young Marines Organization.
Thank you for your interest in hosting The Eyes of Freedom: Lima Company Memorial. We have some guidelines to help you host a successful event for this powerful military tribute. Please click below to download and review our guidelines. If you feel that The Eyes of Freedom would have success in your community, please fill out and return our hosting application.
EOF Host Guidelines and Application
Want to Help?
Donations help fund The Eyes of Freedom Project.
- Personal & Business checks are accepted for donations of any amount and may be mailed to:
The Eyes of Freedom
2561 Jade Court, Grove City, Ohio 43123
- You may also click on the Donate button below.
- You may also pay by Credit Card or with your Paypal Account.
- All donations are tax deductible.